Wednesday 25 January 2012

Meet the Writers: Lisamarie Lamb



I was five when I wrote my first short story - it involved a car going over a cliff, Jessica Fletcher and the Phantom Raspberry Blower. It didn't have much of a plot (he did it, she solved it) but it did have rather colourful (crayon) illustrations and it did make me realise that writing was for me.

At 12 I wrote my first novel during the school summer holidays. Loosely based on the Famous Five, with a bit of James Bond thrown in, it was an adventure story and my English teacher made me read some of it out in class. And that's when I realised that I wanted people to hear my stories and read my work.

Over the intervening years, I have written various short stories, plays, poems and novels in different genres, including romance and children’s books. I have a blog in which I showcase flash fiction (www.themoonlitdoor.blogspot.com).

I have self-published a horror novel, Mother’s Helper, and a collection of short stories entitled Some Body’s At The Door. I am also part of the anthologies Satan’s Toybox: Demonic Dolls, Satan's Toybox: Toy Soldiers, Skeletal Remains, and At The Water's Edge.

I have been accepted into eight more anthologies due to be released throughout 2012.

I promise I’m better at plots now, and I use my own characters, but the excitement, fun and just a little wonder are still there. My crayon skills have not improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment